Thursday, July 02, 2009

Joe Biden: Mark my words...

By John Kubicek

I just returned from my one day retreat in Madison, Wisconsin, and a night off from work, to celebrate my "Christmas In July," my annual celebration of when I was given life, and when the Unites States was born.


The first four days of July, though, is my favorite time of the year, second only to the Thanksgiving/Christmas holidays. Anyway, it was very nice to get away for a day. I greatly enjoyed my annual retreat up to Madison, especially since I had to miss the trip last year, somewhat due to the horrible Flood of 2008 in Cedar Rapids and nearly $4.00/gallon gasoline... and no job. I'm back home now, and need to get right back to work.

So, let's get started with this: Over the last months, I've been wondering what Joe Biden was talking about with his famous statement that he made in October of 2008, during the Presidential campaign, when talking to campaign contributors, as transcribed by Fox News from the Hannity and Colmes on October 21, 2008:


From Hannity and Colmes, October 21, 2008:

(BEGIN AUDIO CLIP)

JOE BIDEN, (D) VICE PRESIDENTIAL NOMINEE: Mark my words. It will not be six months before the world tests Barack Obama like they did John Kennedy. The world is looking. We are about to elect a brilliant 47-year-old president of the United States of America.

Remember I said it standing here, if you don't remember anything else I said. Watch, we are going to have an international crisis, a generated crisis, to test the mettle of this guy. He's going to have to make some really tough — I don't know what the decisions will be — but I promise you, it will occur.

As a student of history that has served seven presidents, I guarantee you it's going to happen. I can give you at least four or five scenarios from where it might originate.

(END AUDIO CLIP)

So, assuming that Joe-the-gaff-machine was talking about Obama's first 6 months in office, I wanted to know what he may have been talking about, when he said: "I can give you at least four or five scenarios from where it might originate." While the story about Biden's "prophesy" was widely covered, I think very few people realized what Biden said really wasn't that big of a head scratcher. Senator Joe Lieberman said it best: "SEN. JOE LIEBERMAN (I), CONNECTICUT: Our enemies will test the new president early. 9/11 happened in the first year of the Bush administration." You see, Biden's comment was more of a statement of fact, rather than a prophesy. Most of our Presidents have been tested in the area of foreign policy early in their first term.

And here we have North Korea being overtly aggressive in "testing," as in possibly two nuclear tests, and their multiple missile tests (including the four short range missiles they launched today). That certainly seems to be testing Obama to see how he reacts. (I haven't seen anything from him other than a rare statement from various government spokesmen.)


And then, Obama is also dealing with the situation(s) in Iran. One situation is the good possibility that Iran's nuclear program could be covertly directed toward a weapons program, though Iran insists that it is for a "peaceful" reasons, for nuclear power plants. (Obama seems to have done nothing yet, other than to offer a little insignificant rhetoric that hasn't made any difference.)

Of course, there are also the demonstations following the election in Iran. (See above; and Obama really never came out and supported the citizenry of a tyrannical Iran... and now, it is barely covered in the news media. Is the situation over? Or, did the tyrannical Mullahs of Iran just stomp out any dissent?)

The jury is still out when it comes to how Obama handles or has handled these situations. But mark my words, remember I wote it here, if you don't remember anything else I wrote here (like about my annual retreat to Madison, Wisconsin), "Watch, we are going to have an international crisis, a generated crisis, to test the mettle of this guy. He's going to have to make some really tough — I don't know what the decisions will be — but I promise you, it will occur." And this could happen in the next few weeks, or even days.

This might be a good time to quit being obsessed with Michael Jackson, or other fallen stars (either the celebrities that have assumed room temperature or the Govenor that ran off to Argentina), and start watching how Obama is handling plenty of world events that may be of great danger to our national security. It's time to be following these events that may be potential threats to this nation. We can not afford to be burying our heads in the sand.

I think it's time to also be praying, both for the recently deceased celebrities, and for the decisions that Barack Obama has to ultimately make. We must pray that the "brilliant 47-year-old president of the United States of America" makes the right decisions when he is tested (in progress now).

(Editor's note: Please stay tuned as I will soon be sharing some videos on TheRealjohnny2k youtube channel that will be related to the possible "tests" that I discussed above.)


(Updated July 3, 2009 at 12:30 a.m Central)


Bookmark and Share

No comments: