Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Glenn Beck's "The Swear Jar"

By John Kubicek

I think it was just last night, Glenn Beck made a big deal about what people were saying about his foul language on his new show on Fox News. That's good, because now I'm glad I'm not the only one that noticed!



To be perfectly honest, I was beginning to wonder how long Glenn Beck would remain on Fox News. There were times when the way Glenn was talking in the first week on the new venue that it was hard for me to accept his vocabulary. Strangely, I was was beginning to wonder if Rupert Murdoch was demanding that Glenn went to the edge, just to get them more ratings. I pray that is not the case, but....

There is something that also seems to be strange about this. It was just last weekend that Fox & Friends did their story on McKay Hatcher and his No Cussing Club. The young man is the one responsible for nocussing.com.



So, to Glenn, you were wondering what "charity" to donate the proceeds from your "No Swearing Jar" to. It's a no brainer, isn't it? How about donating it to McKay Hatch's No Cussing Club? Or, you may have already thought of that. Maybe that is what this is all about. If that is the case, all I can say is: BRILLIANT! What a way to show how getting people to quit cussing has a lot of merit. It sounds like a great plan to me. Set the example, Glenn, be somebody that actually means it when you say you've been a little liberal with the lingo. I just hope that jar doesn't get too full of Lincolns. That would defeat the purpose.

And if you agree with me today, please email Glenn and let him know about this blog: glennbeck@foxnews.com

Related Story:
The Audacity of a Young American Hero

No comments: