Monday, July 14, 2008

The First 40 Days of Purpose Award goes to....

By John Kubicek

If I were to ever be allowed to write a biography about somebody, there is a person that I would want to write about, unfortunately, posthumously. With all due respect to the family and friends of a great man, a project I had started back in early June had unintended consequences. All the things that I learned during that time seemed to all be summed up by the end of a patriot's life, on the last day of the project, July 12, 2008.

It was just two years and eleven months ago, I started reading Rick Warren's "Purpose Driven Life", with the commitment to broadcast what I learned while reading the book. I posted my thoughts in my forum concerning each "Day" while reading that book. And then, for some odd reason, I began posting each day's writing on DIGG.com back in June, about 10 days before the epic flood of Biblical Porportions in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. On the very last day of my posts on Digg.com, one of the people that could influence me, even more than Rush Limbaugh or Ann Coulter, passed away of that insidious disease, cancer.

There should be no doubt by now, if you've watched any of the positive news about Tony Snow, he touched a lot of lives in a positive way. Tony exemplified the way we should be living our lives. It had nothing to do with "fame" or "glory". It was the way he treated people, whether it was Bill O'Reilly, the President, or just some person on the street that recognized him and wanted his autograph. He treated everyone with the same respect.

Tony left a legacy. Because of the way he lived his life, he definitely would deserve being the recipient of the First 40 Days of Purpose Award. Now, if I could just find out what Tony would want to have benefit from this. I'm hoping to get many suggestions. This is new to me (it's the First "40 Days of Purpose Award" , you know). Do we help cancer victims? Their families? Research for the cure of cancer?

My thoughts, prayers, and love go to Tony's family. I'm only hoping that what Tony has done for me can be spread to many other people.

Related stories:
Tony: You were loved
40 Days of Purpose - TABLE of CONTENTS

No comments: