Friday, July 04, 2008

A Fourth that I'll always remember

Just one year ago, I had the opportunity to spend some special times with special friends. A year ago, times were good. It may be much different on this Independence Day celebration. Because of the Flood of 2008, there won't be the annual celebration in downtown Cedar Rapids, Iowa. Thankfully, though, I will have this video to help me to reflect on what is so great about the meaning of Freedom.



Earlier today, I had even more enlightenment about the Independence that we celebrate every year. My good friend Alexander had written a great piece, called "The Greatest Freedom" and it helped me to understand much more about what Freedom is all about.

July 4, 2007: A Fourth I'll always remember! Although, maybe this will be a year I'll remember even more.

Have a wonderful Independence Day, a.k.a. 4th of July. Stay free!

No comments: