Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Oh, Dog Gone!

Oh, Dog Gone!

(This story has appeared on the front page of http://www.johnny2k.com/ for several months, and will soon be removed, as it has run it's course. In order to save this story for posterity, I have decided to post it here.)

On Sunday, February 17, 2008, my dog Moochie decided to escape from the fenced in back yard. The problem was, it was very cold and snowy, with a wind chill of 15 degrees below zero. Not the best time for an adventure in getting lost!

I spent four long, horrible days not knowing if she was even still alive. I spent a lot of time praying for Moochie, hoping that she would survive the elements, the traffic, and lack of food. (Okay, I figured, food probably wouldn't be a problem. There are plenty of rabbits around here, and they would be no match for this dog.)

So, anyway, I was doing all I could to keep the faith that she would somehow find her way home. I still had hope, but it was more and more difficult to believe I would see Moochie again as each day went by. I asked the Lord to help me stay strong and faithful through this ordeal.

The Good Samaritan comes to the rescue


However, somebody saw her on that cold, snowy Sunday evening, and took her in until they could find out who the owner was. Thank God that Moochie had her tag on, and the Good Samaritan was finally able to track me down. On Thursday, February 21, 2008, there was a knock on the door. I had no idea who it would be. I opened the door to see this wonderful person (Moochie's guardian angel!) standing there with a leash attached to none other than the love of my life, Moochie! I believe it had to be the happiest day of my life! Oh, how relieved I was!

During our ordeal, there were many of my friends and relatives that were praying for us. And now, I feel it is my great honor and loving duty to make sure the world knows what a wonderful blessing we have in knowing the Lord with all of our heart. Believe me, my faith helped me get through those difficult days.

I wish to thank all of my friends and family (earthly and heavenly family, that is!) for their prayers, and encouragement to stay hopeful despite the odds.

The story about Moochie disappearing had been posted on Digg.com, called, Another Love of My Life Leaves Me. The comments written on this digg were overwhelming. It was for this reason that I wanted to include this story on this blog. I want to thank all those that came to write their very heart-felt comments (there were some "exceptions" to that, of course!). Thank you to all for watching my back! Thank you all for your prayers!
And most of all, Praise and Thanks to the Lord for hearing our prayers, and answering! It was an amazing miracle!



And here is one more little treat for you to see:




No comments: